Anglepoise Type 1228 Desk Lamp, Ice White Shade Product Description
Features:
- Desk lamp with double layer polycarbonate shade
- 15 Watt bulb with rocker switch for easy operation
- Sculptured, heavy base, brushed aluminium arms and stainless steel fittings
- Perfect balance, providing smooth, multiangle movements
- Designed by Kenneth Grange, backed by 75 years of Anglepoise® engineering expertise
Price: £149.00
Saved Price: £14.80
Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars
Product Review: Stylish desk lamp
This is an attractive, good quality, versatile lamp. The brushed steel and white shade go well with the Mac paraphernalia on my desk, though the design is stylish enough to suit most rooms. It differs from other Anglepoise lamps I've seen in that the shade is translucent plastic that glows when the lamp is on. This means that in addition to a spot of light you get a lot of ambient illumination. That's fine for my workspace, but it may not be suitable if you just want a single pool of light on your desk.
Assembly was simple enough: 2 springs and a base that slot into place. I had a droop problem at first. The instructions tell you to use the provided allen keys to tighten the joints, but don't go into any detail about the best method. After a fair bit of random tightening, I've got it to hold its position most of the time. However, if I flex the joints a lot it seems to loosen some of the nuts again, requiring more tightening. Hence 4 stars instead of 5.
I wasn't...
0 comments:
Post a Comment